Monday 24 September 2012

Feeling Good

Hello friends and fans! So much going on to share!

In the mermaid world of things I got to test out the mermaid creations tail. I wrote a review you can see for my full experience. In short, it took me a bit to get the feel. It'll probably require a bit more practice to adapt to the thickness of the tail and a smaller monofin. But my goodness was I lucky enough to get some excellent photos and video thanks to my lovely mer-tender. Check it out!


I'm getting the hang of it. On Tuesday I'll be doing a photoshoot with BOTH tails and a lovely local model who I think will make an excellent mermaid. We're going to the ocean though so I'm a tiny bit nervous. It's only supposed to be 18 degrees so I'm expecting the water to not be warm at all!

This past Saturday I got to be in my first music video! It was such an awesome experience. While I have done professional modelling and also been interviewed on film- this was my first try at acting. To be honest- I didn't feel like I was acting, just being the usual mermaid me! I got a lot of positive feedback and I got to meet some amazingly talented women. The video is expected to go live in 2 weeks or so. I can't wait to share it. I'm nervous- you never know how these things will turn out but I know I did my best. My lovely boyfriend was there every step of the way too. How lucky am I to have someone so supportive?



I've had a few birthday cancellations which is too bad. I have a few more booking up though. Still making my living as a mermaid but looking for professional work in my field. It's a tricky time. The market is flooded and though I have done my best to be specialized with special needs, esl, and other things they really don't set me apart. I'm starting to worry I may have to settle for a minimum wage job despite my experience, education, and skills. At least to pay the bills for a while.



On the environmental side of things, I will be attending the Bedford meeting regarding the reef. I'll be in costume and hoping to aid in support. If I feel it appropriate I have been invited to ask questions of the panel and say a few words. I'm going to play it by ear and see how things go. David Suzuki (one of my environmental idols) actually spoke about it on CBC radio today which is awesome. So many people don't even realize this is happening and the damage it can do. Of course, I'm still reeling from my experience with Rob Stewart's film and the message he left me with that we NEED TO FIGHT NOW. Now is the time to stand up!

On the health side of things I haven't been doing very well but thankfully today I feel good. I need to take a test to determine if I have developed a syndrome called Adrenal Fatigue which can come with my already established chronic illnesses. The test is very expensive so I have been feeling like it's an unobtainable goal. I have been doing my best to stay feeling well but being tested and found positive would mean I could get some meds to cure this. That would be nice. Thankfully and luckily for me a local photographer jumped in to sponsor me! We're going to arrange a family photo day with a pay-what-you-want type deal to raise money for the test and treatment. How lucky I am to have such wonderful people take an interest in my health! We'll be making a FB event so keep your eyes peeled.

I've been starting to scope out and collect articles for the next issue of Tail Flip. If you aren't familiar with it my peer Sirena and I run it (volunteer) and we're always working hard to find, write, and assemble interesting and relevant articles. I like to keep busy and this project has been such an amazing experience. Make sure you like the page on FB to keep up to date on how you can be involved! <3

I think that's all for now fishies. I'll let you know how things go and be sure to share the results! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment